…I’m sorta obsessed with making my own deodorant — may I present you the evidence ::
- Make Your Own Deodorant Cream
- Homemade Probiotic Deodorant
- Super Strength Herbal Deodorant Spray
- Herbal Deodorant Recipe
- How to Make An All Natural Deodorant for Men
…I’m super passionate about women’s health — read more here ::
…the thought entered my mind, why not combine the two!?!
Well I did! And to say it’s the most amazing deodorant for women EVER…is a pretty accurate description.
What’s In It?
So…while building a foundation with skin-loving ingredients known for their anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties (sesame oil)…and, working to incorporate minerals that do the same (zinc oxide + calcium carbonate)…then, merging them all with essential oils proven to provide hormonal balance for women…I knew I was on to something incredible.
Not to mention, what a wonderful place to apply this creation for maximum absorption + benefit…right over the lymph nodes under our arms and near our breasts!
Just look at the properties imparted for our health by the essential oils alone ::
- Clary Sage Essential Oil — known as a nerve tonic with its ability to calm and balance the spirit — has a sedating effect. Additionally, since the Middle Ages, it has been used to treat female complaints such as: abdominal cramps, dysmenorrhea, emotional stress, endometriosis, hormonal imbalance, hot flashes, infertility, PMS, postpartum depression, irregular cycles, and pre-menopause.
- Basil Essential Oil — is anticatarrhal, antidepressant, energizing, and restorative. Commonly used in the treatment of amenorrhea, chronic fatigue, abdominal cramps, infertility, lactation (increase milk production), mental fatigue, migraines, and ovarian cyst
- Bergamot Essential Oil — among its many benefits, for women specifically, this oil is used primarily for depression, anxiety, emotional stress, physical energy, physical stress, and PMS
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil — has influence over sexual energy and enhances relationships. It may also help to stimulate the adrenal glands.
- Cypress Essential Oil — common primary uses include dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, menopause, menorrhagia, fatigue, and environmental stress.
- Geranium Essential Oil — historically women found this oil useful for a variety of inflammations, heavy menstrual flow, hormonal imbalances, depression, and possibly even cancer (folklore).
Above information obtained, and quoted from, Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils (The NEW 5th Edition)
All I’m trying to say is…
…I’m totally diggin’ this deodorant.
To date, it’s my personal fave!
Ready for the recipe!
Women’s Hormone Balancing Deodorant
*It is super important here to choose as many organic ingredients as possible. I have linked to the products I use personally for this recipe.
- 0.5 ounce kokum butter
- 0.5 ounce sesame seed oil
- 0.5 ounce shea butter
- 0.5 ounce beeswax
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, from non-GMO sources
*Not all of the following ingredients are minerals…but you get the idea (smile).
- 2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon calcium carbonate
- 1 teaspoon zinc oxide, non-nano, uncoated
- 10 drops clary sage essential oil
- 5 drops basil essential oil
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 5 drops cypress essential oil
- 3 drops bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- In a small pot or sauce pan, melt kokum butter, sesame seed oil, shea butter, and beeswax over low heat.
- Remove pot from heat, then add all of the mineral ingredients.
- Whisk with a small wire whisk until all powders are dissolved and well combined.
- Add vitamin E oil and essential oils at this time.
- Pour mixture into clean, used deodorant container OR you can purchase and use these new deodorant containers. This deodorant is shelf-stable and may be stored on counter for up to a year.
Use as you would conventional deodorant.