Daily we are blessed with the sounds coming from budding musicians.
There’s always paint open somewhere.
The sewing machine is standing by awaiting the final touches to the new curtains.
And Momma’s more than likely in the kitchen with her own creations.
Frugal, thrifty finds are the brain-child behind many of our projects. By making all things new, we demonstrate our value in the art of restoration.
Note: If you have a blog post that you think would benefit the readers of Frugally Sustainable and meets our mission for frugality and sustainability; please contact me and I will consider linking to you here on this page!
- A Tutorial: Handmade Beeswax Candles
- Homemade Finger Paints
- Yarn-Wrapped Letters
Crafts for the Children
- Easy Sock Puppets
- Recycled Crayons
Frugal Sewing Projects
- Sheet Skirt
- Scrap Leather Bracelet
- Re-purposed Sweater Mittens
- Upcycled/Recycled T-Shirt Memory Blanket
- Lavender Sachets
- Jean Skirt – Recycling a Pair of Jeans
Sewing for Boys
Knitting and Crocheting
- Learning to Knit
- Recycled T-Shirt Yarn
- Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – Tip: Use the t-shirt yarn for this project.
- Coffee Cozy
- The Nutcracker Ballet – A holiday tradition for our family.
- The Arizona Broadway Theatre – A local link. Bonus: They offer super cheap matinee shows for children and families.
- DIY Doorway Puppet Theater – The perfect answer to those inclement weather days.
Up-Cycled Frugal Finds
- Wood for the coop and raised beds – Yes, this means we dumpster dive!
- Frugally Fashionable
- DIY Kid’s Toy Oven
Arts and Crafts Resources
- Sew Mama Sew! – Fabric, patterns and the like
- Rainbow Resource Center – Extensive product list of arts and crafts
- Craftster – A community for crafts and DIY projects
- Instructables – Make, How To and DIY
- Thread Banger – YouTube Channel
Ad Spot Comments