Educating my children at home is a way of life based on a set of values and a system of belief. It encompasses every aspect of life through its routine and through our own specific family friendly methods.
Philosophy of Learning
My goal is to provide you with links that are assisting us in defining our philosophy of learning. We don’t necessarily agree with everything from each homeschool theory; but, that’s the beauty of homeschooling my own children. Check back often for more specific blog post on the subject.
- And the Skylark Sings with Me – A good read!
- Charlotte Mason and the Well-Trained Mind – Pretty much sums it up.
- Un-schooling – The child-driven philosophy of education.
Reading, Grammar, and Phonics
- Rod and Staff – For pre-reading, phonics, and English.
- Sonlight – Excellent resource for classic, age appropriate readers.
- PaperBackSwap – Trade books for free!
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
- First Language Lessons
Math and Science
- Teaching Textbooks – Love, love, love! Math was always a fight…not anymore.
- Khan Academy – Awesome source for supplemental work.
- Saxon Math
- Life of Fred
- The study of nature – The possibilities are endless. Get outside, create thirst for knowledge. Then, be ready to facilitate learning. We also find resources like this and that helpful in providing some guidance when the creative well is dry.
- A study of the Autumnal Equinox
- Sonlight History – This curriculum has fostered an absolute love for history within the minds of our entire family. I’m finally learning the truth on the subject.
- Story of the World – Supplemental for our purposes.
Handwriting and Typing
High School, College, and Beyond
- The lost art of apprenticeship – An amazing piece! Warning: You might begin to shift your perspective.
Frugal (often FREE) Online Resources
- Free Online Preschool Curriculum
- Free Online Curriculum Grades K-12
- Lesson Pathways
- Homeschool Classifieds
- Google Books
- Homeschool Freebies
- The Homeschool Channel
- Head of the Class
Do you homeschool? What are your favorite resources?
Ad Spot Comments