All signs that it’s about to go down!
I can’t stand a stuffy or runny nose. But when it inevitably hits…I’m very thankful for my neti pot and my Herbal Salts Steam.
Herbal Salts Steam is a natural blend of breath-giving botanicals. Made with decongestant ingredients such as dead sea salts, herbs, and essential oils…inflamed upper respiratory tissues are calmed and sinuses are opened.
These salts can be used as a bath salt or foot soak.
But I love them when used in a bowl of steaming water with a towel over head.
Herbal Decongestant Salt Steam
- 2 cups dead sea salts
- 1 tablespoon each lavender flowers, rose petals, Echinacea root, eucalyptus leaf, rosemary, and thyme, each of these are suggested use what you have on hand
- 2 tablespoons carrier oil (i.e. olive, jojoba, sesame, grapeseed, or sweet almond)
- 1 teaspoon menthol crystals
- 10 drops ravensare essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree oil
- 6 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops thyme essential oil
- Combine salts, herbs, and menthol crystals in a glass bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together carrier oil of choice and the essential oils you will be using (use those you have on hand).
- Add the oils to the salt/herb mixture and mix with a wire whisk or fork until well combined.
- Transfer to a glass mason jar for storage.
- Cap and label.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Add 1-2 teaspoons of Herbal Salts to a bowl of very hot water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the healing goodness. You may also add 1 cup to a bath or foot spa and soak.