I have a new obsession…
…this handcrafted salt & oatmeal body scrub!
There’s a jar of the scrub by the sink and a jar in the shower.
My skin is rejoicing! So much so, it’s literally glowing.
Not to mention, coming in and washing up from my daily ranch chores, the grime and dirt come right off and my hands have never felt so soft!
Are you ready to make some?
Here’s the recipe…
Salt & Oatmeal Body Scrub
- 1 1/2 cup dead sea salts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup oil (i.e. olive, sweet almond, rose hip, jojoba, or coconut)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- 1/4 teaspoon non-GMO vitamin E oil
*This is where it’s time to get creative folks!
-20-30 drops essential oils, choose your favorite
–1/2 teaspoon powdered herbs
- In a double boiler or small sauce pan, heat shea butter and oil until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse salts and oats to desired texture. Note: This can also be done by hand using a mortar and pestle.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine salts, oats, shea butter, oil, honey, vitamin C powder, and vitamin E oil. Using a wire whisk, stir well to blend.
- Add optional ingredients if using.
- Spoon into storage container. Note: This recipe will fill 3-4 four-ounce glass mason jars.
- Will maintain freshness for 6-8 months.
Using your fingers, scoop out a small amount into the palm of your hand and rub into your skin in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Here are a few of my favorite essential oil & herb blends ::
-essential oils — jasmine, lavender, and vanilla
Citrus & Spice
-essential oils — wild orange, lemongrass, cinnamon, ginger, and clove
-powdered herbs — ground cinnamon and ground ginger
-essential oils — rose, geranium, and vanilla
-powdered herbs — pink rose petals powder and sandalwood powder
Where Can I Get This Stuff
–Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need by way of Bulk Herbs, Organic Oils & Essential Oils, and Natural Products for Healthy, Natural Living! It’s your one-stop-shop!
Health doesn’t come from plastic bottles. Vitality grows naturally from the way you live your life. If you want to learn more about herbs as medicine and as food, and if you’re just too busy to enroll in an in-person program, join the Herbal Academy of New England for a comprehensive and convenient online herbal course you can complete anywhere and anytime!