This weekend, I was more-than-usual, super busy in the kitchen!
I’ve been inching toward the low end on several of the homemade condiments and staples that I typically keep readily available.
And then I was reminded of my recipe for Chocolate Chews!
They had to be made!
These Chocolate Chews are 100% pure, raw plant-based energy and nutrition.
I love having one a few hours before — or a little after — I go hiking, practice yoga, or do any type of strenuous exercise. They are perfect to wrap up for those grab-n-go mornings. They satisfy my sweet chocolate cravings.
They’re pretty much the yummiest things ever!
Homemade Chocolate Chews
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible. I have linked to examples of products I purchase and use in my home.
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cup hemp seeds (these are my favorite organic hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (this is absolutely, hands-down the best coconut oil EVER)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup fair trade cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a food processor, add all ingredients.
- Mix until well combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a 8×8 glass dish and press down using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to allow mixture to firm up.
- Cut into bars, size suitable for your needs.
- Wrap individual bars in unbleached parchment paper or plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator. Will keep for 2-3 weeks — if they last that long.