During the long, cold months of winter —
when used daily —
…this handcrafted healing balm will keep your lips from cracking and peeling.
Not to mention, with its lovely blend of essential oils and all-natural, nourishing ingredients, it truly is a bargain!
- 4 tablespoons plant-based oil (i.e. olive, coconut, sweet almond, avocado, or rose hip seed oil)
- 2 teaspoons beeswax, grated or roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons plant-based butters (kokum butter, shea butter, or cocoa butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon Non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 10 drops chamomile essential oils
- 5 drops sweet or blood orange essential oils
- 3 drops lavender essential oils
- 1 drop peppermint essential oils
- Melt plant-based oil, grated beeswax, and butters over double boiler — or in a small pot — using very low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vitamin E oil to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Pour into glass cosmetic jars, tins, or lip balm tubes.
- Cool. Label. Store in a cool, dark place. Will keep for 2-3 years.
- To use…smooth on to lips as often as needed.
*This recipe makes enough for approximately 3-1 oz. tins or 2-2 oz. glass jars.
Purchase tins and cosmetic glass jars online by clicking this link to Mountain Rose Herbs.
Where Can I Get This Stuff?
–Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need by way of Bulk Herbs, Organic Oils & Butters, and Natural Products for Healthy, Natural Living! It’s your one-stop-shop!
–Starwest Botanicals and The Bulk Herb Store also carries many of these ingredients if you’d like to price check.
Here’s a couple other great lip balm recipes from Wellness Mama and from Crunchy Betty.
Your turn. Ever tried making your own before?
Stephanie @ Six Figures Under says
This looks lovely. The only ingredient I have on hand is coconut oil, but hopefully I can try this in the future!
How many tubes will this make?
Love the Etsy site, don’t wish to register for facebook. Sorry