Perhaps it’s life in the desert that turns one’s attention toward survival skills.
You see, it hardly rains here, there’s limited natural water resources, and without careful attention to the soil and livestock…nothing would thrive.
Nevertheless, when is being prepared ever a bad idea?
Preparedness is another way in which my family and I limit our dependence, and position ourselves to be a help in times of need. It is vital that we not live in a state of fear. For this to be a reality, we shun the me-and-mine mentality. We strive to approach life with an open hand toward all and seek to reside in community with like-minded others.
Frugally Sustainable recognizes that many of us are experiencing financially trying times. Our family knows what it’s like to seek sustainability in income. We prioritize preparedness, however it’s not all that we wish it could be…this is why I’m committed to providing ideas for frugally sustainable solutions.
Having resources and knowledge will bring peace and security. Check back often to this page for updated information and links. And as always, please feel free to share your own preparedness/survival ideas in order that we all may learn from each other.
In addition to all of these things listed below, our family has created a backup plan of sorts. You can read about it by clicking this link…
- Emergency Readiness Packs & Supplies
- Emergency Preparedness Plan DVD
- How To Survive Hard Times
- How to prepare for an emergency
- Before the Power Fails
- Just in Case :: How to be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens
- Get out! Get out!
- Tactical Gear :: A great resource for a large array of safety gear, duty gear and tactical gear.
- Hit Your Target every time with these shooting accessories
Surviving Medical Emergencies
- Medical Skills – ThePatriotNurse Channel
- Herbal First Aid Essentials Kit
- Minor Surgery Kit
- Professional Outdoor Skin Protection Kit with Soft Case
- BurnFree® Personal Burn Kit
- Where There Is No Doctor
- Where There Is No Dentist
- Where Women Have No Doctor
- Medics 192 Piece First Aid Kit
- Roadwise Emergency Kit
- SURVIVE2THRIVE 40 DAYS/NIGHTS 100% ORGANIC FOOD SUPPLY
- 14 Days/Nights CERTIFIED ORGANIC GRAB & GO FOOD SUPPLY
- Using your food storage to reduce grocery costs
- Meals in Jars
- A 3 Day Emergency Meal Plan
- Organic Sprouting Seed Combo and Sprouting Lid
- Katadyn® Hiker Pro Water Filter
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- SteriPen Emergency Handheld Water Purifier
- Water Water Everywhere And Not A Drop To Drink
- Off-Grid Water Filtration Systems
- Water Sources
- Hydropack Water Treatment
- Fire starters and matches :: Survival must-haves when trying to start a fire
- Global Sun Oven
- Cookin’ with Home Storage Book
- Country Beans Cookbook
- H-25 Strike Master Fire Starter
- Kitchen Plus™ 2000 Hand-Powered Food Processor
- Volcano Portable Cooking Combo
- SOS Sport Solar Oven with Reflector
Laying the Groundwork for Living Off the Land
- How To Make Money Living Off-Grid
- 7 Tips on Reducing Corporate Influence In Our Lives
- 10 Ways To Live In Contentment and Have Enough
- How Much Will It Cost to Live Off of the Land
- How To Find and Purchase Affordable Land
Survival Blog Resources
*These fine folks have become a source of information and inspiration for me in this area.
Do you have a resource that you think would benefit this audience?
Email me the link and if appropriate it will find it’s way on the list!