Although smudging may seem like a new and trendy practice…
…smudging has been used by countless cultures, for millennia.
When you smudge, you connect the present with a timeless spiritual practice — while igniting the passions of all the people who practiced before you.
Today, science confirms what our ancestors knew (without knowing)…that the smoke generated through the burning of herbs, has cleansing, purification, and healing effects — not limited to ::
- its antimicrobial constituents (kills a multitude of disease-causing pathogens)
- acting as a pesticide
- clearing of negative energy
- connecting the physical + spiritual worlds
- driving out negative thoughts + feeling + emotions
- re-establishing balance
…it isn’t always as practical to light up a sage bundle when outside the comfort of my private space.
After creating my body smudge soap, I knew I needed something more!
Something I could put in my bag and always have with me…
…Sacred Smudge Body Oil was birthed.
And of course, I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you!
Sacred Smudge Body Oil
*Choose organic ingredients whenever possible. I have linked directly to the ingredients I personally use and recommend.
- 60 ml carrier oil of choice, (i.e. jojoba, sweet almond, or grapeseed)
- 12 drops palo santo essential oil (Note :: A less expensive bottle of palo santo essential oils can be purchased here.)
- 8 drops sage essential oil (Note :: I also like to include a few drops of white sage essential oil — however, it can be a bit pricey. Make it without white sage for a more budget-friendly option.)
- 4 drops tulsi holy basil essential oil
- 4 drops rose absolute
- 5 ml non-GMO vitamin E oil, optional
- In a clean jar or glass beaker (I absolutely LOVE this glass beaker set), measure and add all ingredients (These transfer pipettes are super nice to have when working with small amounts of ingredient).
- Stir until well combined.
- Fill cobalt blue glass roll on bottles (I love these). This recipe is enough to fill approximately six(6) 10ml bottles.
Apply topically by rolling on to hands, ankles, wrists, neck, chest, pressure points, etc. as often as desired. Carry with you on the go and reapply as needed and/or desired.
To raise this oil to a whole new vibrational level…I like to infuse it with positive intention + crystal energy. I do this by creating a gem-infused oil. First, I place the carrier oil alone, in a jar — then I place a clear quartz crystal in the jar and allow it to set in the oil. ((For this oil, my process of infusion uses a combination of sunlight (solar energy) and moonlight (lunar energy).))
Where can I get this stuff?
-Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need for this remedy! It’s your one-stop-shop!
DISCLAIMER: The statements made here are purely education and have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. They are by no means intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Although plants and medicinal herbs are generally considered safe, it may not be true for everyone. It is always the best practice and highly advised that you consult with a medical professional prior to the use of this or any other herbal preparation.