Nothing says winter like a warm + cozy bowl of delicious goodness!
I love soups…
…and I love them even more during the coldest, darkest season of the year.
This soup in particular, begs for a comfy couch, a crackling fire, and slippers.
Not to mention, if you have a hint of a cold…this will surely aid in healing.
Potato Garlic Soup
Yield :: 4 servings
*Use local organic, non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.
- 4 cups red potatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons real salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass-fed, ghee (ghee is my favorite, but you can use coconut oil or olive oil in substitution)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (water, milk, or chicken broth may be used in substitution)
- 8-10 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 3-4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Combine the potatoes, water, and salt in a saucepan. Cook until tender (approx. 20 minutes). Note :: Do not drain.
- Heat the ghee, or oil, in a skillet. Saute chopped onions until translucent (approx. 10 minutes).
- Using a food processor or blender, puree undrained potatoes, sauteed onions, fresh garlic, butter, and 1/8 cup fresh parsley until smooth.
- Pour puree back into saucepan, add vegetable broth to the desired consistency, and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve in warm bowl. Top with shredded cheese (optional), fresh parsley, and pepper.
Learn more :: Follow my “Soups” Pinterest board for continued inspiration!
Two of my favorite food groups! 😉 I’m wondering if an immersion blender wouldn’t work as well as the blender or food processor. Guess I’ll have to make this soon and see.
Potato soup is a favorite of mine too!
Garlic –can’t go wrong !
Sometimes I feel like adding a little color, I saute up some red bell pepper.
And if I want to give a cold the one two punch, I grate some horseradish into it.
Heather @ Viral Upcycle says
Yummy I’ll be looking this up again for dinner tonight. Great recipe.
Is this super over-the-top garlicky? Wondering if it would still be flavorful if I cut the garlic in half to make it a little more mild for my toddler?
I have to comment again. I fixed this tonight and my whole family loved it including my two little ones!
This is my new favorite. I crave it. I don’t think it is too garlicky. It is so creamy good.
plasterers bristol says
This sounds lovely. Going to give this a go. thanks for sharing this recipe.