Folklore + ancestral wisdom tells us that the right blend of herbs, essential oils, and crystals can assist the body in experiencing restorative sleep.
And one of my favorite ways to incorporate each of these elements into a daily remedy, is to create peaceful sleep sachets…
…sleep sachets have been used for centuries. By creating a synergistic blend of herbs, essential oils, and crystals one is said to be able to ::
- induce restful sleep
- experience vivid and meaningful dreams
- receive relief from nightmares
- ward off negative energy
- help us relax + unwind
- increase positive vibrations in the space they occupy
- improve mental health
If you, or someone you know, has trouble sleeping…bless them with the gift of a peaceful sleep sachet!
Healing Properties of the Herbs + Essential Oils
- Anise – Repels nightmares, but be sure to use sparingly (purchase anise star pods here).
- Calendula Flower – Used to induce restful sleep (purchase calendula flowers here).
- Catnip – Increases restful sleep. Especially good for babies and children (purchase catnip here).
- Cedar Leaf Tips – Repels bad dreams (purchase cedar leaf tips here).
- Chamomile Flowers – Used for relaxation and pleasant dreams (purchase chamomile flowers here).
- Hops – Aids in restful sleep and healing (purchase hops here).
- Jasmine Flowers – The dried flowers are useful for romantic and erotic dreams, especially for women (purchase jasmine flowers here).
- Lavender Flowers – These flowers have the ability to ease stress, soothe, and relax. A simple pillow made only with lavender can be simply perfect (purchase lavender flowers here or here).
- Lemon Balm – A known for it’s ability to reduce anxiety and insomnia. Also valuable for relieving headaches and stress (purchase lemon balm here).
- Mugwort – Protection (purchase mugwort here + essential oils here).
- Mullein – Guards against nightmares (purchase mullein here).
- Rose petals – Adds loving and peaceful thoughts to dreams (purchase rose petals here or here).
- Rosemary – Repels bad dreams, but use sparingly due to the strong scent (purchase rosemary here).
For the highest medicinal value available choose the organic oils from Mountain Rose Herbs…this is the brand/company I trust to provide the ultimate in health + safety for myself, my family, and my friends.
Healing Properties of the Crystals used as Sleep Aids
Note :: I like using smaller crystal chips in my sleep sachets. I find they are easily incorporated to the plant material and weigh less. I have also linked to my source for purchasing crystals.
- Clear Quartz — Clear quartz is the most powerful healing and energy amplifier on the planet. It is wonderful when used to enhance the energies of other crystals. I add it to these sleep sachets to amp up the energies of the amethyst, rose quartz, and lepidolite (purchase clear quartz chips here).
- Amethyst — Amethyst works by blocking stress and negative environment energies. It is extremely beneficial where insomnia is caused by an overactive mind and protects against recurrent nightmares (purchase amethyst crystal chips here).
- Rose Quartz — Rose quartz is the stone of unconditional love and infinite peace. It gently draws off negative energy and replaces it with loving vibes. Rose quartz is an excellent addition to sleep sachets as it brings deep, restorative inner healing and self-love (purchase rose quartz chips here).
- Lepidolite — Lepidolite is extremely useful in the reduction of stress and depression. It halts obsessive thoughts, relieves despondency, and overcomes insomnia. It is a calming stone that soothes sleep disturbances and emotional stress, bringing deep emotional healing (Note :: Lepidolite contains lithium and is helpful in stabilizing mood swings and bipolar disorders. It is excellent for overcoming any kind of emotional or mental dependency.) (purchase lepidolite stones here).
How to Make Peaceful Sleep Sachets
- choose any number of herbs from the list above based on personal needs/desires (use equal amount of each herb)
- choose any number of essential oils from the list above (use 5-8 drops of essential oils total for each bag)
- choose any number of crystals from the list above (use a few chips of each crystal)
Add the herbs and crystals into a bowl and mix well using clean hands. Transfer mixture into the muslin bag(s) to fill, add 5-8 drops essential oils, and tie it closed. Give the bag a little shake. Set the sachet somewhere near your bed. You can alternatively sleep with it under your pillow or slip it into your pillow case.
Get creative and enjoy!!!
Note: Naturally the results will be different for everyone. This is by no means a cure-all. I’m just happy to share with you my experience with these plants and/or oils. Please use conventional wisdom and consult with your medical professional prior to using this or any other herbal remedy. And as we know all too well the FDA doesn’t like any type of claim…therefore, take it for what it is, and remember, this information is purely educational in its purpose.