We can all admit that in this modern, super polluted, and chemically contaminated world — the control we have over our exposure to toxins is limited basically to how we live (i.e. what we put in our mouth/garden soil, put on our skin, or use in the home).
Likewise, in an effort to maintain centering — through deeply aligning myself with the ebbs and flows of nature — I have made an intentional effort to focus on the effects of the lunar cycle as it relates to diet + detox (among other things).
I wrote a bit about cleansing with the Moon here…
Now, I look to the day(s) of and surrounding the New + Full Moons with great anticipation as they provide the perfect opportunity to guide my body through a gentle cleanse.
Part of my cleansing ritual involves the consumption of lots of herbal tea — and the herbs I use to create my custom cleanse tea are allies to our bodies by ::
- supporting proper thyroid function
- combating adrenal fatigue
- aiding in healthy weight loss
- improving the clarity of the skin
- reducing the effects of Fibromyalgia
- removing food cravings
- lessening stress + anxiety + depression + mood swings
- increasing libido
- boosting focus
- diminishing headaches/migraines
Green Gypsy Detox Tea
*Purchase organically-grown or wild-harvested herbs whenever possible.
*Parts are measured by volume not weight.
- 2 parts Nettle leaf
- 1 part Red Clover blossoms
- 1 part Red Clover herb
- 1 part True (sweet) Cinnamon chips
- 1 part Dandelion leaf
- 1/2 part Dandelion root
- 1/2 part Burdock root
- 1/2 part Orange peel
- 1/2 part Ginger root
- 1/4 part Lemon peel
- 1/4 part Fennel seeds
- Measure the parts of each of the herbs listed and mix in a large bowl until well combined.
- Grab your single serving tea carafe (this is my absolute favorite way to make a quick cup of loose leaf tea), tea infusers, and/or tea pots…and brew a cup! OR make a larger batch by adding 4 tablespoons of the herbal blend to a quart-size glass jar, fill the jar with just boiled water, steep for a few minutes, strain and enjoy. (Note: I get all of my loose leaf tea-making supplies online from Mountain Rose Herbs.)
- This herbal tea blend will keep stored in a cool, dark place for approximately 6 months. (Note: I like to store all of my teas in glass jars with tight-fitting lids.)
-Drink 3-4 cups of tea daily for up to 7 days, then stop for 3. Repeat cycle until desire results are achieved.
Where can I get this stuff?
-Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need for this remedy! It’s your one-stop-shop!
DISCLAIMER: The statements made here are purely education and have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. They are by no means intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Although plants and medicinal herbs are generally considered safe, it may not be true for everyone. It is always the best practice and highly advised that you consult with a medical professional prior to the use of this or any other herbal preparation.