Ad Spot Post
I have created a pretty functional meal plan for our family that makes weekly meal prep a breeze. But the one area that I struggle with is breakfast. Usually the kids and I will eat some form of eggs or oatmeal every morning. The challenge comes in when I’m trying to feed my dear husband as he runs out the door.
My solution…homemade freezer breakfasts! For about $12 (less if you have your own backyard hens) you can pre-make 24 breakfast burritos that will be ready to go out the door first thing in the morning!
The best part about it is, I control the ingredients! No overly processed crap necessary:)
The Breakfast Burrito
-2 lbs meat (i.e. bacon, ham, sausage, chorizo)
-2.5 lbs potatoes
-1/3 cup oil (i.e. butter, olive, coconut, lard)
-1 large onion, diced
-1 lb shredded cheese
-1/2 cup milk
-your choice of seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Cut potatoes into small cubes and dice the onion.
3. In a large casserole dish, toss oil of choice, potatoes, onion, and seasoning.
4. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
5. Cook the meat of you choosing.
6. In a medium-sized bowl whisk eggs and milk together until well combined.
7. Over medium high heat, pour egg mixture into sauce pan and cook until just done (do not over cook the eggs otherwise your burritos will be dry).
8. I use block cheese, so this is where I shred it:)
9. Assemble the burrito by adding small amounts of each ingredient. Note: Want to learn to make your own homemade tortillas? Check this recipe out!
10. Place burritos on a cookie sheet, in a glass dish, or whatever you want to use:) And freeze for about 2 hours.
11. Once flash frozen, store burritos in freezer by using your prefer method of freezer storage.
Ready to Eat
-For the best results, remove a burrito from freezer the night before to thaw. Then place in toaster oven, convection oven, or microwave to warm. Wrap and you’re ready to go!
-Forget to thaw it the night before? Yeah…I do that all the time too! It’s okay to remove the burrito from the freezer and heat it up the morning of. Just be sure to adjust your warming time accordingly.
Free Download: Click here to print off your free Breakfast Burrito recipe sheet. Be sure to pin this for future reference:)
What are your most favorite freeze meals? Let’s share our resources!