My family chooses to value nutrition and we therefore take responsibility for our health. We do this through foods that are local, in-season, minimally processed, grass-fed, and non-GMO. Additionally, this diet holds closely to our values of sustainability. I believe the rhythms in season and life are each given to meet our nutritional needs for vitality and longevity.
Simple, Frugal Recipes
The $2 Dinner Plate
Foods That Heal
Canning, Preserving, and Dehydrating Food
Build Your Medicine Chest
- Elderberry Syrup and Tinctures
- Natural Treatment for Ear Infections
- Herbal Kloss Liniment
- Natural Treatment for Pink Eye
- Cold and Cough Syrup
- Master Tonic - A tried and true natural cold remedy.
- Grow These Ten Herbs for Cold and Flu Relief
Cold and Flu Prevention
- High Dose Oral Vitamin C
- Flu Shot Alternative For the Whole Family
- The Flu is a Vitamin D Deficiency Disease
- Methods, other than immunization, for cold and flu prevention
Local Resources and Recommended Blogs
- LocalHarvest.org - A great place to start if you are looking for a local source of excellent nutrition.
- EatWild.com – The #1 site for grass-fed food and facts.
- Slow Food USA - Supporting Good, Clean, and Fair Food
- Tonopah Rob’s Vegetable Farm - Tonopah Rob is a Phoenix area local farmer whose growing practices are the epitome of sustainability. And not to mention, his CSA program is top notch.
- The Whole Life Nurtrion Kitchen - Love these guys!