Crafting natural health and home remedies is my expression of creativity…
…and I’ve written before on the topic of natural cleaners for the home.
The simpler the better, in my opinion…
…but today I wanted something more!
Something powerful, yet gentle enough for most surfaces of the home.
Something from the garden.
Something that smelled pretty and fresh.
Lemon Thyme Disinfecting Spray
-2 cups water
-1 lemon, sliced
-a bunch of garden-fresh thyme
-2 cups lemon verbena hydrosol
-1 tablespoon thyme extract
-2 teaspoons borax
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-2 teaspoons castile soap
-1 teaspoon lemon or lemongrass essential oils
-1/4 teaspoon thyme essential oils
-5 drops tea tree oil
- In a small pot — over medium to low heat — bring water, lemon, and thyme to just a simmer. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to steep for at least 1 hour.
- Strain. Reserve herb-infused liquid.
- Add baking soda and borax to herb-infused liquid and stir until completely dissolved.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into spray bottle.
- Use as you would any commercially-prepared all-purpose cleaner. Excellent in the kitchen!
Where Can I Get This Stuff?
–Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need for this remedy! I LOVE the quality of their castile soap, hydrosols, and essential oils. Including strictly medicinal, non-GMO herbal seeds for your home herb garden. It’s your one-stop-shop!
–The Bulk Herb Store also carries a few of these ingredients if you’d like to price check.
–From Nature With Love likewise carries a HUGE selection of high-quality raw materials.