Throughout time and cultures there have been several all-natural remedies created based on herbs known to help induce a restorative sleep.
A common remedy has always been an herbal tea blend — one designed specifically with herbs that produce a sedative effect…taken just before bedtime.
Herbs such as:
- Chamomile flowers provide soothing relief for the nervous system.
- Oatstraw gives us balance.
- Valerian and hop flowers have the power to relax and induce a deep, restful sleep.
- Passionflower will bring a sense of calm.
In my experience, there have been three extremely powerful natural remedies that have transformed the way I — and my family – sleep. And those have been:
You can find the recipe for those remedies above by clicking the links…and today I’d like to share with you my recipe for an Herbal Bedtime Tea!
Herbal Bedtime Tea
*Purchase organically-grown or wildcrafted herbs whenever possible. Parts are measured by volume not weight.
-3 parts chamomile flowers
-2 parts lemon balm
-1 part catnip
-1 part oatstraw
-1 part passionflower
-1/4 part hop flowers
-1/4 part valerian root
- Measure the parts of each of the herbs listed and mix in a large bowl until well combined.
- Grab your tea accessories, tea infusers, and/or tea pots…and brew a cup! (Note: I get all of my loose leaf tea-making supplies online from Mountain Rose Herbs.)
- This herbal tea blend will keep stored in a cool, dark place for approximately 6 months. (Note: I like to store all of my teas in glass jars with tight-fitting lids.)
- This tea is mild enough to use nightly. Take a cup 30 minutes before bed.
Where Can I Get This Stuff?
–Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need for this remedy! It’s your one-stop-shop!