Today I want to share with you an all-natural product that you can make easily at home in order to build your DIY medicine chest.
This homemade antiseptic ointment is packed full with germ-killing properties that will help treat everyday minor cuts, scraps, and abrasions.
You can use this ointment just as you would a tube of that pricey commercially-prepared stuff.
Best part of this is…you control the ingredients!
First-Aid Antiseptic Ointment
- 0.5-1 ounce (approx. 1-2 tablespoons) raw beeswax, grated
- 8 ounces (approx. 1 cup) olive, almond, or coconut oil (this is the BEST coconut oil on the planet and it makes the BEST ointments)
- 1/4 teaspoon non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 20 drops tea tree (Melaleuca) essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
For recipes such as these, I only recommend the use of dōTERRA™ Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils.
- Over very low heat, in a small pot or double boiler, melt oils and beeswax.
- Remove from heat and add vitamin E oil and essential oils. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into small sterilized jars (or a mason jar). Allow to cool on counter.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Use as needed on wounds. Will keep for approximately 5 years.
-Antiseptic properties of the essential oils include:
- Tea tree oil: antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial
- Lavender: analgesic (pain relief), antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial
- Lemon: antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial
-For those who do not like the smell of lavender…you may substitute chamomile essential oils for lavender and fir essential oils for lemon.